Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Love

Life at the center has been amazing. I have fallen in love with the people who come in and out of those doors.

Yesterday I was telling a teacher how much I wanted a bracelet that represented the flag of the people we work with. It's hard to make the star at the center of the flag, most come out as a diamond. We had discussed where to commission such a bracelet. One female student overheard and smiled that I wanted the flag design. "Good!" she said.

Today, in the morning, I was sitting in class when I hear a knock on the door. Two of the girls were standing outside wanting to meet me. One had the bracelet I wanted! It was a gift. But oh no! It looked too small! I shied away and apologized for not having dainty hands. They insisted it would fit and worked it on, stretching the unstretchable bracelet.

One of those girls waiting was the one who overheard. The other had been absent the day before.

I later found out the whole story. The one who overheard saw the bracelet on her friend's wrist and begged to buy it from her. The other girl, exasperated, asked why. When it was discovered that teacher Jenny wanted a bracelet like it, she decided to give it to me directly.

Coincidentally, the girl who gave me this bracelet is the one I had pre-chosen to intercede for on this day. As Ram*dan is in full swing, some of us have chosen to do personal fasts. For me, each day will hold a new name of someone I know who I fast and pray for.

I love these people. I love their openness and hospitality. How generous and giving they are. I pray for them as a people, as a nation, and as my friends. I hope you pray for them too.

For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.
~ 2 Corinthians 10:4

PRAY - LISTEN - OBEY



No comments:

Post a Comment